Developing how we work together as individuals is key in working towards our institutional values.
The University’s Strategy 2020 states that we will “Adopt a continuous improvement approach to service delivery, challenging current thinking, policies and processes, to deliver high partner/client satisfaction.”
The Continuous Improvement Partners (CIP) programme is here to help achieve this, via a year-long deep dive into applying continuous improvement within your role, upskilling colleagues with the knowledge and experience to make change happen.
The programme will help you take time to reflect on your role and how to improve it. You’ll have conversations with a group of colleagues on a similar journey, with support from your own coach. You’ll create a reflective journal to document your progress and, on completion, will receive a certificate.
The programme lasts for one year, from October 2019 to October 2020, with meetings less regularly over the summer
- Gain skills and tools to apply continuous improvement in your role, working with people and processes
- Share insight and support by being part of a diverse group of staff working to apply continuous improvement in their unique context
- Be challenged and supported with regular coaching to apply continuous improvement
- Document your progress and development
- Participants must be staff members at Edinburgh Napier and have the support of their line manager
- Participants must attend action learning sets for one half day a month, meet with their coach for one hour a month, and complete a monthly learning log entry
- Participants must be committed to attending each action learning set, as their learning is compromised should they not attend, as well as that of the group
- On submission of their learning log, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion
- Participants will be expected to present their learning as a group at the end of the programme award event
Previous delegate feedback
- "It's helped me realise how I process and deal with change"
- "A small improvement is still an improvement"
- "Reflecting on the whole process is important throughout, not just at the start and the end"
- "It's helped me manage my work, and contribute more constructively to the team"
How to join this year’s programme
- Email email@example.com by 26 August and complete this statement in no more than 200 words: “I should join the continuous improvement programme because...”
- Your manager will be contacted by learning and development, and asked to confirm that they support your application
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend the end of programme award event for the 2018/19 programme on 3 October and introduced to your coach