*** REF2021 Announcement *** – New submission deadline (March 2021) and extension to impact: Confirmed
UKRO WEBINAR: COVID-19 AND EU FUNDING UPDATE
UKRO held a webinar on Friday 3rd April which provided a brief overview of the current situation regarding COVID-19 in relation to EU Research and Innovation activities, specifically:
- UKRO services during the COVID-19 'quarantine' period;
- Known call updates and changes to call deadlines;
- Project implementation issues and solutions in light of COVID-19 restrictions.
Presentation slides from the webinar are available here
Some points include:
- Commission very flexible in allowing extensions (easily up to 6 months but must be discussed with lead/project officer);
- No-cost extensions only and within the original budget (definitely not open to ‘cost-extension’ at this time – although UKRO lobbying for a change);
- Timesheets – can accept email ‘sign off’ and retrospectively physically sign/date timesheets;
- MSCA – researcher absent for longer than 30 consecutive days can still by charged;
- MSCA – some budgets that were earmarked for training can be moved to salary budget if impacted by coronavirus (however research, training and networking unit costs should primarily be used for these purposes);
- Suspension – can be done in exceptional circumstances – during suspension all costs are ineligible and must be discussed with EC project officer;
- Claims: the 60 days period for submission can be delayed – however this will ultimately delay payment;
- Finals statement – can submit report without a CFS, however payment will be capped by commission until later date;
- Start Dates – can be delayed – this will also delay pre-finance payment;
- Erasmus + - Can be delayed (up to 12 months) on a no-cost extension basis;
- COST action – can be delayed up to 6 months – no cost extension;
- Upcoming calls – all deadlines originally from March up to 15th April will be extended. Some details below:
Confirmed New Deadlines for Horizon 2020 Calls
The following new deadlines have now been confirmed on the Funding and Tenders Portal:
H2020-INFRAIA-2018-2020 – Deadline moved from 17 March 2020 to 14 May 2020
H2020-INFRAINNOV-2019-2020 – Deadline moved from 17 March 2020 to 14 May 2020
H2020-INFRASUPP-2018-2020 – Deadline moved from 17 March 2020 to 14 May 2020
H2020-LC-SC3-2018-2019-2020 – Deadline moved from 26 March 2020 to 21 April 2020
H2020-NSUP-2020 – Deadline moved from 26 March 2020 to 2 April 2020
H2020-INNOSUP-2018-2020 – Deadline moved from 2 April 2020 to 15 April 2020
H2020-SC1-BHC-2018-2020 – Deadline moved from 7 April 2020 to 4 June 2020
H2020-SC1-DTH-2018-2020 – Deadline moved from 7 April 2020 to 18 June 2020
H2020-SC1-FA-DTS-2018-2020 – Deadline moved from 7 April 2020 to 18 June 2020
H2020-SwafS-2018-2020 – Deadline moved from 15 April 2020 to 23 April 2020
H2020-S2RJU-2020 – Deadline moved from 21 April 2020 to 27 May 2020
H2020-SESAR-2020-1; H2020-SESAR-2020-2 – Deadline moved from 24 April 2020 to 16 June 2020
Horizon Impact Award 2020 – Deadline moved from 2 April 2020 to 15 April 2020
*All deadlines are at 17:00 CET (Brussels time) and are provided by UKRO for information only. For legally binding information on call deadlines, please, visit the Funding and Tenders Portal.
If you have any questions, you’ll find a full list of contact details for the RIE team here.
Details of Covid 19 and EU Funding Webinar on 3rd April
Covid19 and EU Funding
27th March 2020
Research Excellence Framework Update (March 24th 2020)
The REF team have just issued an update putting the exercise on hold, please see link. If you have any questions, issues or concerns then please do contact Ceri Bain: firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Innovation Fund Consultation (March 24th 2020)
The SFC has confirmed that they will be postponing their plans to conduct a sector consultation on the UIF. If you have any questions then please do contact Keith McDonald, Assistant Director at the SFC email@example.com.
Covid19 and The Leverhulme Trust
23rd March 2020
COVID-19 and EU Funding
20th March 2020
Impact of Covid19 on UKRI-supported Research
19th March 2020
Please read this Covid19 update from Vice Principal of Research, Innovation and Enterprise Prof Nick Antonopoulos.
18th March 2020.