Academic Strategy & Practice
Student learning is at the heart of the University and academic excellence a strategic objective - in order to make this a reality the OVP (Academic) leads the continuing development of learning, teaching and assessment practice.
We do through a range of inter-connected activities:
- the development and implementation of the LTA Strategy and the linked statements which form part of the strategy from Schools and Professional Services
- the creation and maintenance of the LTA Resource Bank designed as a resource for staff in developing and refreshing their own academic practice
- leadership of the Teaching Fellow Scheme and Grant Fund
- maintenance and development of key guidance regarding assessment practice
- support for projects such as Feedback for Learning
- developing innovative approaches to student engagement with the curriculum and learning
- leading and supporting the continuing development of technology enhanced learning both through setting expectations (the MLE benchmark) and supporting the development of expertise and practice (supported places on the MSC Blended and Online Education, professional development sessions around specific technologies and usages)
- developing reflective practitioners and scholarly approaches to the continuing development of academic practice from when academic colleagues join the University and throughout their career as professional academics
- creation and support for internal networks and communities of practice (for example, the Teaching Fellowship Scheme, SIGs, HEREN and so on).