Library and computer suite opening hours change during the festive season from Monday 18 December 2023 to Sunday 14 January 2024.
You can see all library details at Library Services and the Festive Season.
You can see computer suite opening hours and details of IT support at Computer Suite Festive Opening Hours.
Keep your books and laptops over Christmas with no fines or recalls
You can borrow any Library items from Friday 8 December 2023, and you won't need to return them before Monday 15 January 2024.
This includes laptop loans for students, but they must return the laptop by 15 January 2024 and renewals are not possible.
8 December – 15 January:
- Any Library items due to be returned between these dates will now automatically be due 15 January 2024.
- You can still Click and Collect books, but only those on the shelf, as we will not be recalling items from other users. Tuesday 19 December is the last date for requesting items from a different campus. Books can be collected from Merchiston campus during festive opening hours.
If you have had a Library book for over four months and would like to keep it over the festive period, please contact us and we will re-issue it for you.
- Students can still book Group Study Rooms in Merchiston Library over the Christmas break using Resource Booker.
- Postal Loans will not be available from the 18 December 2023 to 4 January 2024. Requests made from the 18 December 2023 will be processed after 4 January 2024.
- Inter Library Loans will not be processed over the festive season while the library is closed. Requests made from 21 December 2023 will be processed after 4 January 2024.
We're still here online
While our physical libraries are closed, you can continue to access ebooks, ejournals and databases using LibrarySearch.
You will find information about our services on the Staff Intranet:
Visit the Library Staff Intranet pages.
Visit the IT Staff Intranet pages.
You can still contact us 24 hours a day for IT and Library support during the festive break.
If you contact us when the IS Service Desk and libraries are closed, you will receive a response from our NorMAN out of hours service.