Project Management Office
A Project Management Office (PMO) can range from a simple support function for the Project Manager to being responsible for linking corporate strategy to project execution.
The PMO is charged with helping to execute and control projects to improve business performance.
The PMO responsibility is to define and maintain the standards and processes related to project management see below:
- Centre of excellence - maintaining best practices, processes, training, templates, common tools
- Tracking and reporting - Project Register, Timesheet administration
- Communication policies and procedures
- Providing decision support information for senior management
- Analysing project interfaces
- Quality control
- Change control
- Risk and Issue tracking