Why Use Project Management?
Project Management is a proven and effective tool that allows different work teams, resources, budgets and tasks to all be controlled to achieve a specific quality product in a proactive way. It should be noted that projects are very different to the day to day operational running of a business as all projects are unique and involve change and ultimately come to an end.
By using a standard Project Management methodology it has been proven that the following benefits occur:
- Increase the number of projects delivered
- Increase the quality of products
- Sets correct expectations for project
- Prevent cost overruns, or at least identifies when this may happen
- Deliver to agreed timelines
- Reduce scope creep and risks
- Significantly improve communication between stakeholders and project teams
- Builds on experience
- And ultimately reduces the number of projects that fail.
This is done by using a repeatable process to manage the key variables of time, cost, and scope within a project.
By following this approach described and successfully managing these variables it is believed that all the benefits described above can be successfully achieved when managing projects.
Pulling all of this together and making it work - delivering the desired outcome is the fun of project management!