Off Campus Services
The Library offers a wealth of online information, including ebooks, ejournals and databases, which you and your students can access off campus using LibrarySearch.
This section covers services available for your students if they are based off campus or overseas. If you would like to request new resources for a specific course or group of students, please contact your subject librarian.
All students are encouraged to work through the Introduction to Computing and the Library. It has a special section for off-campus students.
Off-campus - UK
Off campus students based in the UK can:
- Use LibrarySearch to find books, ebooks and journals.
- Request books using LibrarySearch online, and have them posted directly to them. To do this, they need to sign up for the Postal Loans Service. See details on myNapier.
- Use other university libraries in the UK by registering to use the SCONUL Access scheme.
Off-campus - Overseas
Off campus students based overseas can:
- Use LibrarySearch to find e-books - See E-books.
- Access thousands of journals articles online - Finding Journals.
- Find subject information for their area of study.
There is no need to register with the Library, but students will need their university login to access some of the available resources. This is the same login used for university email or Moodle. If your students haven't used any Edinburgh Napier online services yet, see IT Services help on Getting Started - Off Campus Students.
We regret that we are unable to post printed Library materials or photocopies to students based overseas.