Postal Loans Service
The Postal Loans Service allows you to request books online using LibrarySearch, and we will send them to you using Royal Mail.
This service is available to all UK-based students and staff.
Please contact your Subject Librarian or email email@example.com for further details.
How to apply
Please complete the online registration form.
This form can also be found at UniDesk self-service > Use Self Service Portal > Forms - Teaching Learning and Library Resources > Library Postal Loan Registration (Staff).
The Library will post items to your home address free of charge. You are responsible for paying the postage costs to return items.
Making a request
Requests for Postal Loans should be made using LibrarySearch:
- Sign in at the top right using your University login details.
- Search for the book you want. When you find it, click on the link underneath e.g. ‘Available at Sighthill’ or 'Currently unavailable; Check here for details.'
- Click Request and use Pickup Location to choose Home Address. Click Request.
- You can request up to 5 books at any one time.
- Books renew automatically for up to 4 months, but may be recalled by another user at any time and it is your responsibility to return them by the due date.
- Library fines apply to all overdue recalled items.