BrowZine is a service which brings together journal content from multiple publishers and presents it in a browsable, mobile-friendly format.
It is available as an iOS/Android/Amazon app, as well as a web interface for laptop and desktop access.
Browzine allows you to browse current and back issues of most of the Library’s scholarly journals (although for in-depth research or older material, please check LibrarySearch).
Using BrowZine, you can:
- Browse thousands of top journals by subject and easily review tables of contents.
- Add favourites titles to your bookshelf.
- Be alerted when new articles are available in your favourite journals.
- Sync across your desktop and mobile devices.
- Save and export articles. Use the BrowZine app to save articles for off-line reading on your smartphone/tablet or export to services such as Endnote, Mendeley, or Refworks.
Note that you will need to set up a personal account to save to your bookshelf and sync across devices.
BrowZine is available for:
- All iPads, iPhones and iPod Touches with iOS v11+
- Android Tablets and Smartphones with OS v5+
- Kindle FireOS 5+
When you first launch the app, select Edinburgh Napier University from the drop-down list and enter your University username and password.
Download the BrowZine app
BrowZine for desktop
Access Browzine via LibrarySearch.
If you are on campus at Edinburgh Napier University, Browzine will automatically allow you access to ENU resources. If you are off campus, you may need to select your university library as Edinburgh Napier University and login with your usual University login.
Getting started and help
See step-by-step help on our Current Awareness LibGuide
Video - Getting started with BrowZine.
Note that BrowZine does not include every journal that Edinburgh Napier University library has access to.
See supported publishers.
Pre-2005 titles are only included if the ISSN/DOI is available.
For older material or for in-depth research, use LibrarySearch.