External Examiner Information for Staff
These pages are intended for colleagues within Edinburgh Napier who are seeking further information on:
- the processes related to appointing new external examiners, including the criteria for approval
- how to seek new external examiners for a vacant position (or to find out more about becoming an external examiner elsewhere)
- how to extend or amend an existing external examiners contract
- the implications of professional and statutory regulatory bodies on the appointment of external examiners
- the responsibilities held by School Support Structure for the administration of external examiners.
If you have any queries about external examining procedures, please contact the relevant School (see School Contact Details).