Mobile Device Management
Mobile Device Management (MDM) enables the centralised, secure control and management of University owned mobile devices and University data.
It offers protection if a University owned device is lost or stolen by giving Information Services (IS) the ability to wipe and disable University owned devices.
IS is replacing the previous MDM solution, AirWatch, with Intune. Most devices can be enrolled for Intune.
Why should I enrol my device for Intune MDM?
The installation of Intune:
- Ensures compliance with the Information Security Policy, effectively protecting the University’s data and you as a staff member.
- Enables you to securely access University email and data on University owned Mobile Devices.
- Provides peace of mind that University data is secure and that the device can be centrally wiped and disabled if lost or stolen.
- Encourages information security good practice by requiring a device password / passcode to be set on the device.
- Automatically encrypts University data ensuring that all data stored on the device is only accessible to you, the device owner – you enter your password/passcode to access the data. Anyone attempting to gain access directly (e.g. by removing a devices storage card) will not be able to access the data.
- Enables you to easily download and access University and departmental apps.
- Allows you to track and locate your allocated devices.
- Enables you to be remotely contacted by IS, including the ability to be sent a message or alert to the device.
How do I enrol my device for Intune MDM?
If you already have the previous MDM solution, AirWatch, installed on your device you will need to remove this before enrolling for Intune - find out how to uninstall AirWatch
Intune can be installed quickly and easily on most devices:
If you require further help or would like further information about the MDM service please contact the IS Service Desk in the first instance.