Reading Lists is a Moodle-integrated reading list system, which makes it easy for teaching staff to quickly create reading lists and request items for the Library.
Students will be able to access digital reading lists via Moodle, with the ability to comment and collaborate with other students.
- A better student experience with easy and consistent access to reading list materials.
- Quick creation of interactive reading lists for students in Moodle.
- A Cite It! button means you can add items to your reading list in Moodle while browsing the web, meaning you don’t have to enter reading list items manually.
- Reliable metrics of student engagement. You’ll be able to see the number of students that have accessed an item on your reading list.
- Easy collaboration with Library staff around new resource priorities, digitisation and copyright compliance.
have just recently moved to Edinburgh Napier from another university where they
used different software for the preparation of student reading lists. The new
Leganto software is so easy to use. Within a very short time I had a reading
list ready to associate with my new Moodle module. The software also lets me
send the list to the Library, so they are aware of the reading I am directing
the students towards."
Send your reading list for input
We are committed to supporting that all students have online reading lists in Moodle. Information Services staff can assist in the input of your module reading lists.
To send us your reading list for input, use the Reading List Unidesk Form.
Complete the module number and upload your reading list (Word or Excel document).
We will enter the list into Leganto for you, check if reading list items are available in the Library and look at purchasing or digitsation of material. Note that at this stage we cannot guarantee availability or reading lists and Library resources for the start of Trimester One.
To create your reading list online yourself, see step-by-step help online at the Reading Lists LibGuide.
Find Reading Lists at http://readinglists.napier.ac.uk.
For help with reading list materials or new Library resources, contact your Subject Librarian.
Book now for workshops