Employee Assistance Programme - Workplace Options
Workplace Options is the University's Employee Assistance Programme Provider and they provide a free, confidential and independent resource to help employees balance their work, family and personal lives. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year by phone, e-mail or online and provides information, resources and counselling on any of the challenges that life may bring.
Issues raised with Workplace Options are in complete confidence, and unless you provide appropriate permission the University will not receive any feedback in relation to the matters you discuss.
Workplace Options also provides support for line managers for instance with workplace issues such as having difficult conversations and managing difficult situations.
Employees can obtain further information on Workplace Options by reviewing their Leaflet , as well as their wallet card.
FREEPHONE: 0800 243 458 (24/7)
OUTSIDE THE UK: +44 (0)20 8987 6550
SMS (FOR CALL BACK): +44 (0)7909 341229
MINICOM: +44 (0)20 8987 6574
Workplace Options have a fantastic website with a huge amount of information and support available on all of the below topics and more!
WEBSITE: http://www.workplaceoptions.co.uk/ (log in details below)
User name: napier
Workplace Options can provide advice, information and assistance on a range of topics, see below list detailing examples of the topics covered, however, this is not an exhaustive list. You can contact Workplace Options for support on anything that matters to you.
• Emotional well-being, • Managing stress, • Anxiety and depression, • Disability and illness
• Substance and alcohol misuse, • Addictions and compulsive behaviours, • Personal development
• Work-life balance, • Bullying and harassment, • Workplace pressure, • Managing change
• Workplace relationships, • Careers
FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS
• Childcare, • Education, • Elder care, • Juggling work and family life
• Caring for others, • Domestic violence or abuse
• Consumer rights, • Health and wellness, • Debt and money management
• Immigration and relocation, • Community resources
• Pregnancy and new baby, • Adoption, • Marriage and cohabitation
• Separation and divorce, • Moving home, • Bereavement and loss, • Retirement
Link with Occupational Health
Workplace Options work in conjunction with the University's Occupational Health (OH) Provider, Health Management Limited. In some circumstances when a line manager refers an employee to Occupational Health, the OH Adviser may consider that a referral to Workplace Options would also be beneficial, this would be discussed and agreed with the employee prior to actioning.