A list of suggested organisations, apps and websites to give you further support and advice for your health and wellbeing.
Feel free to email us your suggestions.
In these uncertain and challenging times, it is important to look after your own wellbeing and mental health. The following resources provide free support with managing mental health:
- World Health Organisation: The WHO have launched a health at home challenge on social media with suggestions on staying health while at home, including working from home
- Breathing Space - a free telephone service available to anyone over the age of 16 who is suffering from low mood, mild to moderate depression and/or anxiety.
There are also a number of organisations and apps here to help you take care of your mental health
- Mental Health Assessment
Service (MHAS) is a 24-hour NHS emergency mental
health assessment service based in Edinburgh for people experiencing a mental
Crisis Centre provides a 24-hour helpline for those in crisis due to mental health issues
- Edinburgh Samaritans provide a 24/7, free, confidential support and information to
help people, who are having a difficult time, are struggling to cope or are
worried about someone else.
- NHS Moodzone provide practical information, interactive tools and videos from the NHS for looking after your mental health and avoiding common problems like depression, anxiety and stress
- Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH) provides a range of services based on an ethos of recovery
Mental Health First Aid: If you would like to support others, the NHS delivers a managed and certified course that trains
individuals in effective and practical strategies to support others
experiencing poor mental health, depression, anxiety, psychosis and suicide
ideation. 2 Days face to face delivery.
Other organistions are still continuing their support in dealing with other ill-health and illnesses.
British Heart Foundation - information on heart and circulatory diseases
MacMillan Cancer Support - information, practical advice and support for people affected by cancer
NHS Eatwell Guide - advice on how to achieve a healthy and balanced diet