Benenden Employee Healthcare
From the 1 April 2018, Edinburgh Napier University staff can opt into the Benenden Scheme.
Benenden is an alternative to private healthcare. They provide private healthcare services on a discretionary basis. They can provide support when you have to wait over three weeks for diagnostic tests and over five weeks for treatment – however all cases are looked at on an individual basis.
Their services complement those of the NHS and they always ask members to explore using the NHS first and foremost. They don’t treat some health issues, such as cancer.
Things you need to know
• Edinburgh Napier staff can opt into the Benenden scheme and pay for their contribution through payroll deductions.
• The cost will be £11.90 per person per month (this cost is subject to change on an annual basis).
• There are no restrictions with regards to age or pre-existing health conditions.
• Family members of any age can be included and will be charged per person per month
• There is no contract – you will not be under contract with Benenden and you can cancel at any time
• Everyone is accepted – all UK residents can join us regardless of their medical history
From day one, you can access support and advisory services:
(limits and exclusions apply)
• 24/7 GP Advice Line
• Psychological Wellbeing Helpline
• Independent Care Advice
After just six months, you can request:
• Private consultations and tests
• Treatment and surgery at one of their approved private hospitals nationwide
What to do next
If you would like to opt into the scheme, please complete the opt in form
and return this to Payroll.