It is important that all staff make every effort to avoid risks to themselves and to others by acting in a safe and responsible manner.
In particular you must:
- pay attention to the University Health and Safety procedures, systems of work and management instructions
- report hazards and unsafe conditions to line management or the University Safety Adviser so that corrective action may be taken
- instruct students, if appropriate, in safe working practices and provide effective supervision to ensure the health and safety of students
- follow instructions/guidance with regards to wearing personal protective equipment, manual handling, use of chemicals and operating electrical equipment
- know and carry out procedures relating to the emergency evacuation of the University, safe working and first aid
- participate in health and safety training