Defibrillators are provided by the University at the following campuses:
Merchiston Campus: adjacent to disabled toilets - bottom of stairs
Sighthill Campus: main entrance area next to lifts
Craiglockhart Campus: left of reception desk
In addition to the above locations, defibs are also located in a number of other areas throughout the University.
- [EN]GAGE, Sports Centre, Sighthill Campus - located behind reception desk
- School of Applied Sciences, Sports Centre, Sighthill Campus - 0.F.07
- Bainfield Student Accommodation reception
- Orwell Terrace Student Accommodation reception
- Slateford Road Student Accommodation reception
- Security Services mobile vehicles x 2
Portable Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are lightweight devices that are relatively easy to operate and are intended for use in emergency situations when a casualty has a serious cardiac rhythm disturbance causing unconsciousness, such as a heart attack. AEDs are not effective for all cardiac emergencies but they are of benefit in a small proportion of acute emergencies.
The defibrillator guidance arrangements relate to the training/familiarisation of staff in the use of the Portable Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs), the emergency response procedure for using them and the maintenance of the AED equipment. Other related issues such as security and building access are also covered.
AED instruction manual
Resuscitation Council's Lifesaver interactive training tool
Resuscitation Council interactive film: https://life-saver.org.uk/