The BAMEish Network is currently on a hiatus. If you would like to discuss the role of Co-Lead, please contact Sandrine Flower.
The BAMEish network aims to create a space for Black, Asian
and Minority Ethnic Staff to feel visible, valued and culturally recognised. A
community where members and allies come together to transform how we define
inclusion. The network is a creative, social, and political space to reclaim
agency within the workplace.
If you want to be involved in the Network, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a space for dialogue within the workplace to acknowledge institutional and structural practices, nurturing the conversation on Anti-Racism.
- Promote a culturally inclusive workplace environment engaged in intersectional narratives.
- Lead with allies on anti-racism activities with the understanding that allyship is not a performative state of belief but a constant process of actions.
- Create a community where BAME members of staff feel represented.
- Cultivate a safe and confidential environment for BAME staff to meet, and share experiences, opinions, concerns, and ideas.
- Encourage and promote self-care. Support the wellbeing of BAME staff by ensuring they have access to available resources for a healthy work-life balance.
- Increase visibility of BAME staff across the university.
- Promote and influence university strategies specific to BAME staff.
- Recognise and celebrate the achievements of individual BAME staff.
- Promote and organise cultural events and celebrations.