Transforming how we define Inclusion
As a new network, our aim is to create a space for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff to feel visible, valued, represented, and culturally recognised. This is a space where members and allies can come together to socialise and raise awareness about the lived experiences of the BAME staff community.
In collaboration with the university, through leadership of our sponsor Andrea Nolan, we will actively engage with narratives of racial inclusion, representing and empowering BAME staff across the University.
Take up space, be visible and join our vibrant community: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Leads: Miriam Hussain & Cecilia Fisher
- Create a space for dialogue within the workplace to acknowledge institutional and structural practices, nurturing the conversation on Anti-Racism.
- Promote a culturally inclusive workplace environment engaged in intersectional narratives.
- Lead with allies on anti-racism activities with the understanding that allyship is not a performative state of belief but a constant process of actions.
- Create a community where BAME members of staff feel represented.
- Cultivate a safe and confidential environment for BAME staff to meet, and share experiences, opinions, concerns, and ideas.
- Encourage and promote self-care. Support the wellbeing of BAME staff by ensuring they have access to available resources for a healthy work-life balance.
- Increase visibility of BAME staff across the university.
- Promote and influence university strategies specific to BAME staff.
- Recognise and celebrate the achievements of individual BAME staff.
- Promote and organise cultural events and celebrations.